TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push Pin Wisdom – 9 Dec 2013 December 9, 2013, 2:15 pm“My heart has followed all my days something I cannot name.” Don Marquis [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect quotes or cartoons from years past which I posted on … Continue reading →
- Push Pin Wisdom – 9 Dec 2013 December 9, 2013, 2:15 pm
Author Archives: Jack Curtin
Marchakitus, often overlooked hereabouts among our fortunately plethoric number of world class, award-winning brewers, has been a big plus for Manayunk Brewery & Restaurant and you can bet he will missed. He rejoins Iron Hill come January and, since he … Continue reading
Once again I’ve fallen way behind in offering my thoughts on the beers that brewers send to me as samples and that’s just not right. Then again, if I don’t keep using as much of my time and energy as … Continue reading
The Brothers Alstrom, in the current Beeradvocate magazine, put into coherent form some of the thoughts I have likely sputtered to more than one of you over a beer. With their permission and my thanks for same, here is the … Continue reading
More info here. As I just noted on the Book of Face, someday there will be a statue of the inimitable Fergus Carey in Philadelphia.
A post just now by Jay Brooks on Facebook reminds me that, had things been different, I’d be on my way to a week-long Belgian junket today. I mentioned this before but had pushed it out of my mind since. … Continue reading
Some major news about Manayunk Brewing Co., which celebrates its 17th Anniversary this month, received via Becky Dublin of Punch Media Public Relations: Manayunk Brewing Co. has released their fall menu, and with this new menu comes an announcement that … Continue reading
I was drinking a Sly Fox Grisette while watching the Great American Beer Festival Awards Ceremony on the tube yesterday when it was announced that it had won a Silver Medal. I had grabbed a can from the ‘fridge a … Continue reading
“The high end is where craft shines,” he said. “But high end does not equate to high ABV. Craft breweries’ beers average 5.7 percent ABV, a lot closer to the light lager flagships than to the 12 percent average wines … Continue reading
It’s been a lousy, lousy two weeks. Nothing serious, but a situation which is often even worse: every single little damned thing that should have been simple became complicated and time-consuming and infuriating. But when things are darkest… …a sample … Continue reading