TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Pin-Point Wisdom – 8 Dec 2013 December 8, 2013, 2:15 pmCalvin: “I hate change! Change is too disruptive. When things are different, you have to think about the change and deal with it! I like things to stay the same, so I can take everything for granted. “Besides, things keep … Continue reading →
- Pin-Point Wisdom – 8 Dec 2013 December 8, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Philly
More info here. As I just noted on the Book of Face, someday there will be a statue of the inimitable Fergus Carey in Philadelphia.
Some major news about Manayunk Brewing Co., which celebrates its 17th Anniversary this month, received via Becky Dublin of Punch Media Public Relations: Manayunk Brewing Co. has released their fall menu, and with this new menu comes an announcement that … Continue reading
In its annual Best of Philly issue which hits the stands next week, Philadelphia Magazine names Victory Brewing’s Bill Covaleski one of the 20 Best Philadelphians, a group defined as “innovative, impactful and generally interesting people who are changing our … Continue reading
Some good beer reading in this morning’s newspapers: Craig LaBan on Philly’s expanding beer garden culture in The Inky and Don Russell on the very welcome explosion of bottle shops (with draft beers to boot) all over the place in … Continue reading
(I posted this on Facebook and it seems appropriate to put it here as well.) Fred Shero, legendary coach of the Broad Street Bullies, is finally going into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Nicknamed “Freddie the Fog” because so much … Continue reading
Stuff I find on the internets when I am desperately avoiding writing for money because that is just so crass.
Crossing Broad is a whacked-out Philly sports blog wherein you are likely to find almost any damned insight imaginable on topics you would never consider discussing in a million years, but I thought you fine and refined folks who will … Continue reading
Crazed beer geeks rushing hither and yon seeking the Next Big Thing, you are not alone. At least not in Philly.
This is pretty funny (the comments too). I love this city.
Stranglove’s opening news (plus even more computer bitching which you ought to be really tired of by now).
You’ll never guess what happened when my replacement computer, put together by my son, arrived yesterday. No power cord. He’s a fine boy, he is, but he don’t remember too good. That’s now on its way. Meanwhile, the old desktop … Continue reading
This is the best news of the year so far and I can’t believe I missed it when it was published on Friday. Thanks to Bryan Kolesar for directing me to it in his Weekly Second-Hand Brew News this morning … Continue reading
Dock Street Brewery, in the person of Marilyn Candeloro, checks in with a fond send-off for what’s-iz-name: Scott Morrison’s Task is Complete! This coming spring, Scott Morrison is off to uncharted territory. As Head Brewer, teacher and consultant, Scott and … Continue reading