TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push-Pin Wisdom 5-Dec-2013 December 5, 2013, 2:15 pm“When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky, because Kentucky is twenty years behind the rest of the world.” Mark Twain [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect … Continue reading →
- Push-Pin Wisdom 5-Dec-2013 December 5, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Personal
A post just now by Jay Brooks on Facebook reminds me that, had things been different, I’d be on my way to a week-long Belgian junket today. I mentioned this before but had pushed it out of my mind since. … Continue reading
Posted this morning on the Brauhaus Schmitz Facebook page: Andechs is here! Make the Holy Beer Pilgrimage to Brauhaus Schmitz on Thursday 7:00pm. We’re proud to announce we have the exclusive rights to Andechs draft beer in Philadelphia for 1 … Continue reading
Kinda melancholy tonight and I posted this video over at the new blog, Reading Between the Lines, earlier today. It so neatly sums up my state of mind these days that I figure it should be part of the record … Continue reading
I was totally unaware of the below until I saw it, and stole it, from the latest post at Brian’s blog, which is a right strong commentary on the (inevitable) emergence of asshole behavior in the craft beer world and … Continue reading
…doesn’t mean that beer is off limits. Sometimes, it’s the answer.
In the world of beer writing, each of us (I assume) gets hit with a pang of envy now and then. A compatriot, or several of them, gets a gig or trip or special event deal that you don’t, it’s … Continue reading
I am so shy and timid, I really have to do something about that. But, gritting my teeth and trying not to stammer, I want to let you know this week I launched Reading Between the Lines, a new blog … Continue reading
I laid a Mermaid to her final rest tonight. It was long overdue; she was basically a vanity project I hung on to because I liked the cut of her jibe and especially her logo. This will have implications for … Continue reading
Fun story posted over at Mermaids. The cool kids will go read. There is no faking ths. Just like the government, corporations, that stalker down the block and the nosy lady next door, we are watching you and will judge … Continue reading