TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Pin-Point Wisdom 6-Dec-2013 December 6, 2013, 2:15 pm“Religion has never had a problem with murder…it depends on who’s doing the killing and who’s getting killed. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable.” George Carlin [This daily series celebrates observations I find … Continue reading →
- Pin-Point Wisdom 6-Dec-2013 December 6, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Beer
It seemed the appropriate thing to do. The beers shown above all came into my possession one way or another during the stretch when I was dealing with Buddy’s operation and subsequent medical care. I saved all the bottles until … Continue reading
Samples from both breweries arrived on the doorstep an hour ago. Actually, they arrived in my hands out in the driveway area because the courier drove up as I was putting some trash into the trunk of the car. The … Continue reading
The news about a new venture by the Tria folks broke at foozbooz last week and has been confirmed and expanded upon in the weekly Tria newsletter this morning: Tria Taproom, our latest adventure, will be our take on the … Continue reading
I saw cases of Yards Chocolate Love Stout in the stacks at The Beer Yard early last week and made a mental note try a bottle. When I went shopping at Wegmans Thursday, I did the naught and went to … Continue reading
The original is here.
I was going to go in and do my weekly penance at the Beer Yard this morning but then I figured, hey, if the Mayans were right and the world is gonna end tonight, that is the last think I … Continue reading
In today’s Beer Business Daily (which I quote with permission), there’s an excerpt from a note that industry consultant Bump Williams sent to his clients this morning. He discusses the fact that everybody seems to want to be in Craft … Continue reading
A very long post containing bits and pieces of beer-related stuff. Get a cuppa coffee or, if it’s far enough into the day (and it’s Sunday, so it definitely must be), a pint of good beer and settle back… Turns … Continue reading
Fine human being Guy Hagner from Susquehanna Brewing Co. visited these parts a week or so ago and I set him up with Tim Ohst at Sly Fox so he could get a look at their brewery in Pottstown. Both … Continue reading
Can a brewery have a flagship beer in an era of Gotta-Have-It limited releases, seasonal madness and over-hopped monstrosities?
The always reliable, thought-provoking Andy Crouch argues that we are at the end of an era. It’s very good. Read it and see what you think. Personally, I think he’s merely opened a door to questioning where the hell this … Continue reading