TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push Pin Wisdom – 10 Dec 2013 December 10, 2013, 2:15 pm“To booze: the cause and solution to all of life’s little problems” Homer J. Simpson [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect quotes or cartoons from years past which I … Continue reading →
- Push Pin Wisdom – 10 Dec 2013 December 10, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Media
I posted this story on the Beer Yard site last Friday and, truth be told, it was well behind the original announcement, which went up way back on March 8. And now sites all over the internets appear to be … Continue reading
This network news story (which I discovered at My Beer Buzz, which had it first) is a very nice account of the Brothers Trogner and the Tröegs success story. Good for them and good for craft beer overall. However, there … Continue reading
From Draft Magazine’s new list of 10 Session Spots–“breweries and bars which offer beer choices at 4.5% or below.” Portland, Ore. HAIR OF THE DOG In what might be a sign of the apocolypse, this brewery famed for its barleywines … Continue reading
Three Philadelphia brewpubs are among the 50 locations for great pizza listed in the forthcoming July issue of Philadelphia Magazine: Earth Bread + Brewery (“If there’s such a thing as delicate pizza, this is it: crust that’s light but not … Continue reading
Glen Macnow of the of the mid-day show (along with Anthony Gargano) on WIP 610, the Philadelphia sports talk radio station, does an annual summer search for the best popular food items in the area, stuff like pizza, hoagies & … Continue reading
If this were a kind and gentle world, I’d be down at the Four Seasons Hotel at this very moment, learning all about what’s happening at Philly Beer Week 2011. Instead, I’m at my desk, struggling to meet the last … Continue reading
From Advertising Age Magazine this very day: While so much of the buzz around craft beer these days is about exotic, extreme ales — including some with soaring alcohol content — there is also a growing recognition that these blends … Continue reading
Nice story in, of all places, The Atlantic, about the rise of women brewers…or, more accurately, the recognition of all the women who are involved in brewing. Teri Fahrendorf’s quote in the final paragraph is worth the price of admission … Continue reading
Lew Bryson loves you people so much that he’s even willing to watch Fox News to find a nice video to inform and entertain you. Hie thyselves over to his website and use the link there to see three fine … Continue reading