TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push Pin Wisdom – 4 Dec 2013 December 4, 2013, 2:15 pm“I don’t know, I don’t care, and it doesn’t make any difference.” Jack Kerouac [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect quotes or cartoons from years past which I posted … Continue reading →
- Push Pin Wisdom – 4 Dec 2013 December 4, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Beer History
10 Amazing Things That Happened Over A Beer Do you know how many amazing moments in history have involved a beer? Hard work deserves a reward, no matter who you are.
As is my wont now and then, I have posted some recent news in the local beer world that is of interest to me and, I hope, to you, at the Beer Yard site. As most of you should know … Continue reading
BBC reports on a beer-y love affair (why you should be reading the Beer Yard website, part the second).
At no thought of time or expense, I have just posted a very long, very good piece from the BBC News Magazine about how craft beers have impacted the British scene over at the BY site. I think the “hipster” … Continue reading
The good guys gather…. Late last month during the Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend, the owners of about 50 of the country’s best beer bars met at Lord Hobo in Cambridge for an annual craft beer bar owners meeting. … Continue reading
For those of you interested in the history of beer and development of styles, yesterday’s thought-provoking post by the incredible Martyn Cornell, together with the on-going discussion in the comments thereto, should be as enticing as catnip to a kitten. … Continue reading
I finally received my DVD of the Michael Lawrence flick, Beeradelphia:The City of Brewery Love, in the mail today. I was recovering from traveling back from Idaho by way of San Francisco last September on the night it had a … Continue reading
Beeradelphia, the long-awaited film about the region’s craft beer culture by Michael Lawrence, will have its American premiere on Thursday, Sept. 27 at World Cafe Live. There will be two showings, a VIP premiere for the cast and crew and … Continue reading
The Philadelphia region in the mid-90s became the focal point of Pennsylvania’s emerging craft beer industry, and given our tendency to ignore the other side of the state, it is too rarely mentioned around here that the opening of Penn … Continue reading
Busy I may be, but not too busy to take a moment here to remember the man who, more than anyone else, made gigs like this possible. I can still recall the absolute shock when Lew Bryson and then Tom … Continue reading