TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push-Pin Wisdom 5-Dec-2013 December 5, 2013, 2:15 pm“When the world ends, I want to be in Kentucky, because Kentucky is twenty years behind the rest of the world.” Mark Twain [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect … Continue reading →
- Push-Pin Wisdom 5-Dec-2013 December 5, 2013, 2:15 pm
Category Archives: Beer 2012
Turns out that Dupont bottle in the beer closet was the perfect one to send Old Man 2012 on its way and welcome the new kid to town.
ACHIEVEMENT OF THE YEAR. Troegs Brewing Co. wins three Gold medals at the Great American Beer Festival and is named Mid-Sized Brewery the Year. NOTABLE BREWERY PERSON OF THE YEAR. Rosemarie Certo, who has revived, reinvented and remade Dock Street Brewing … Continue reading
“Aloha B’ak’tun.” The first word means both hello and goodbye and the second refers to the end of the Mayan calendar. Sounds perfect for welcoming in the new year, do it not?
La Fin Du Monde was a bit of a disappointment on The Night The World Ended (not nearly as good as I remember it from too many years back), but, undeterred, I would make Aloha B’ak’tun, which also references that-which-never-happened, … Continue reading
Maureen Ogle: Today, someone at Facebook posted a link to a video from Boston Beer Company about the New Albion launch. And someone posted a comment saying, in effect, too bad the project wasn’t being carried out by a “local” … Continue reading
Speaking of beer-y Christmas presents, how about a calendar celebrating the craft brewers of New Jersey? Remember, it wasn’t all that long ago that “craft brewers” and ‘New Jersey” was the answer to the question “what two things do not … Continue reading
I finally received my DVD of the Michael Lawrence flick, Beeradelphia:The City of Brewery Love, in the mail today. I was recovering from traveling back from Idaho by way of San Francisco last September on the night it had a … Continue reading
I like the pastor guy from the last post. This is why: “[We were] trying to figure out what kind of church we want to be. How do we engage folks not in our church?” the pastor, a young-looking 33, … Continue reading
So I’m sitting at the bar at Sly Fox Phoenixville a couple of weeks ago chatting with Brian O’Reilly’s long-suffering father-in-law, Pete Dabback, about I can’t remember what, but whatever it was it caught the attention of the guy two … Continue reading
From Brooklyn Brewery: Comic-Con season is nearly upon us, and to celebrate this most imaginative and animated occasion we’ve tapped into our inner nerd (didn’t have to dig too far) and brewed up a limited-edition draft-only hoppy amber IPA named … Continue reading
Beeradelphia, the long-awaited film about the region’s craft beer culture by Michael Lawrence, will have its American premiere on Thursday, Sept. 27 at World Cafe Live. There will be two showings, a VIP premiere for the cast and crew and … Continue reading