BeerInfo.com has posted this list of the “Top Ten German Pilsners Brewed in the United States.”
1. Pivo – Firestone Walker Brewing – California
2. Soaring Eagle Pilsner – Feather Falls Casino Brewing – California
3. American Pilsner – Grand Canyon Brewing – Arizona
4. Couch Lager – Burnside Brewing – Oregon
5. Pilsner – Marble Brewery – New Mexico
6. Sunshine Pils – Tröegs Brewing – Pennsylvania
7. Cameron’s Lager – Cameron’s Brewing – Canada
8. Pavlov’s Pils – C.B. & Potts Restaurant & Brewery – Colorado
9. Bayern Pilsner – Bayern Brewing – Montana
10. Victory Prima Pils – Victory Brewing – Pennsylvania
It’s nice to see two of our local favorites on there. That said, who else is taken aback by the fact that the other eight entries all come from states from Colorado west? It wasn’t all that long ago that pretty much no breweries outside the Northeast were producing high quality lagers of any sort, much less Pilsners.
If you go to the link, you’ll see that these results were based on the results of the U.S. Open Beer Championship and the Great American Beer Festival and ratings at RateBeer.com, only one of which I give much credence to.
So, what do we all think about this?SHARE