- The Mermaid swims again. (1)
- Carl Pietrantonio: Woo Hoo! Glad to see the reappearance of this blog!!!
- Now you can order an IPA in Ho Chi Minh City. (2)
- tom foley: Place didn’t exist when we were there. There were some nice brewpubs, but most...
- The grouch is not only back, he is in the house. (1)
- Jack Curtin: Nick also told me, as I noted just now on Facebook, that Biere de Grouch will be...
- The Mermaid swims again. (1)
- Catching up with the movies everybody else has already seen. April 21, 2015, 3:29 amI finally rented and watched four of the major 2014 movies this week: Birdman, The Imitation Game, St. Vincent and …Continue reading →
- Why? April 20, 2015, 4:33 pmFriday, October 29, 2010. That was the date this blog first launched. It ran until Sunday, July 7, 2013 (scroll …Continue reading →
- “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” April 19, 2015, 11:33 pmThe above is a much over-used cliche which is employed over and over again (probably won’t surprise you that such …Continue reading →
- Catching up with the movies everybody else has already seen. April 21, 2015, 3:29 am
Tag Archives: Beer Publications
Republic Brewing? Philly Beer Scene magazine? Both are on the way or I’m the victim of the greatest double-barreled April Fool’s joke ever.
Wow, things are really popping today. These are not April Fool jokes, folks. There’s a new brewery opening in the ‘burbs next fall: Republic Brewing Company as the new brewery will be called is to open by November of 2009. … Continue reading
Stephen Beaumont put up a great post yesterday on his new blog. The blog is theoretically only temporary but I’ll bet, like most of us, he’ll find blogging too convenient and easy and fast to turn back. Or maybe not. … Continue reading
[This story appeared in print in the February 1999 issue of Barleycorn] GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN IN EASTON Weyerbacher Brewing’s reputation has been built by brewer Dan Weirback doing it his way By Jack Curtin By some standards, Dan Weirback … Continue reading
[This article ran in the June/July 1998 issue of Barleycorn] YUENGLING TO BUILD NEW BREWERY $5O Million Plant in Saint Clair Will Triple Capacity by Jack Curtin After all the ceremonies were over and all the politicians had had their … Continue reading
[This story appeared in the Summer 2008 issue of American Brewer] CULTURE? WE GOT YOUR CULTURE RIGHT HERE Philadelphia’s Colonial beer heritage is embodied in the neighborhood taverns which help define the nation’s most in-your-face city and its citizens By … Continue reading
Celebrator Beer News, Mid-Atlantic Brewing News and Ale Street News are now all on the shelves at your favorite beer venues on their bi-monthly schedules. You’d think that one of them would shift back or forward one month to get … Continue reading
Rick is “beer director” for Draft Magazine and on his online 2008 Beer Awards list, he selects Philly Beer Week as the nation’s Top Beer Event, Philadelphia as the nation’s Top Beer-drinking City and Pennsylvania as the nation’s third best … Continue reading
Stan’s got it right. This is embarrassing. And sadly predictable.