- A list of the top ten American-brewed pilsners which you just might find surprising. (2)
- News, the old-fashioned way: Iron Hill shifts LaPierre to Chestnut Hill, Walter to Maple Shade (1)
- Lappy: Sorry Jack! I thought you’d have gotten some sort of heads up by now!
- I have no idea why I was moved to do a Google search just now on a convict who was sentenced to life in prison for a 1972 murder. September 17, 2014, 1:31 am
- I feel the need to post this every now and then because it is the story of my life. September 16, 2014, 3:05 am
- This Sunday Morning’s TV talk shows today: I predict so you won’t have to watch. September 13, 2014, 12:48 am
Tag Archives: Beer Publications
Republic Brewing? Philly Beer Scene magazine? Both are on the way or I’m the victim of the greatest double-barreled April Fool’s joke ever.
Wow, things are really popping today. These are not April Fool jokes, folks. There’s a new brewery opening in the ‘burbs next fall: Republic Brewing Company as the new brewery will be called is to open by November of 2009. … Continue reading
Stephen Beaumont put up a great post yesterday on his new blog. The blog is theoretically only temporary but I’ll bet, like most of us, he’ll find blogging too convenient and easy and fast to turn back. Or maybe not. … Continue reading
[This story appeared in print in the February 1999 issue of Barleycorn] GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN IN EASTON Weyerbacher Brewing’s reputation has been built by brewer Dan Weirback doing it his way By Jack Curtin By some standards, Dan Weirback … Continue reading
[This article ran in the June/July 1998 issue of Barleycorn] YUENGLING TO BUILD NEW BREWERY $5O Million Plant in Saint Clair Will Triple Capacity by Jack Curtin After all the ceremonies were over and all the politicians had had their … Continue reading
[This story appeared in the Summer 2008 issue of American Brewer] CULTURE? WE GOT YOUR CULTURE RIGHT HERE Philadelphia’s Colonial beer heritage is embodied in the neighborhood taverns which help define the nation’s most in-your-face city and its citizens By … Continue reading
Celebrator Beer News, Mid-Atlantic Brewing News and Ale Street News are now all on the shelves at your favorite beer venues on their bi-monthly schedules. You’d think that one of them would shift back or forward one month to get … Continue reading
Rick is “beer director” for Draft Magazine and on his online 2008 Beer Awards list, he selects Philly Beer Week as the nation’s Top Beer Event, Philadelphia as the nation’s Top Beer-drinking City and Pennsylvania as the nation’s third best … Continue reading
Stan’s got it right. This is embarrassing. And sadly predictable.