- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (19)
- Blast From the Past: June 2007 (2)
- Jack Curtin: Different location (the new brewery tasting room), but still Sly Fox. And they still...
- One Very Peculiar Weekend. June 27, 2016, 5:40 pmAmazon was peculiar. I finally got around to ordering a Kindle Paperwhite and it arrived Friday. Well, more accurately, a Kindle …Continue reading →
- Let’s dig up Vince Foster’s body and really get this show on the road. May 24, 2016, 6:28 pmHillary Haters. They know who they are and you know who they are. The vocal, angry sorts who started out …Continue reading →
- One Very Peculiar Weekend. June 27, 2016, 5:40 pm
Tag Archives: Beer Publications
Republic Brewing? Philly Beer Scene magazine? Both are on the way or I’m the victim of the greatest double-barreled April Fool’s joke ever.
Wow, things are really popping today. These are not April Fool jokes, folks. There’s a new brewery opening in the ‘burbs next fall: Republic Brewing Company as the new brewery will be called is to open by November of 2009. … Continue reading
Stephen Beaumont put up a great post yesterday on his new blog. The blog is theoretically only temporary but I’ll bet, like most of us, he’ll find blogging too convenient and easy and fast to turn back. Or maybe not. … Continue reading
[This story appeared in print in the February 1999 issue of Barleycorn] GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN IN EASTON Weyerbacher Brewing’s reputation has been built by brewer Dan Weirback doing it his way By Jack Curtin By some standards, Dan Weirback … Continue reading
[This article ran in the June/July 1998 issue of Barleycorn] YUENGLING TO BUILD NEW BREWERY $5O Million Plant in Saint Clair Will Triple Capacity by Jack Curtin After all the ceremonies were over and all the politicians had had their … Continue reading
[This story appeared in the Summer 2008 issue of American Brewer] CULTURE? WE GOT YOUR CULTURE RIGHT HERE Philadelphia’s Colonial beer heritage is embodied in the neighborhood taverns which help define the nation’s most in-your-face city and its citizens By … Continue reading
Celebrator Beer News, Mid-Atlantic Brewing News and Ale Street News are now all on the shelves at your favorite beer venues on their bi-monthly schedules. You’d think that one of them would shift back or forward one month to get … Continue reading
Rick is “beer director” for Draft Magazine and on his online 2008 Beer Awards list, he selects Philly Beer Week as the nation’s Top Beer Event, Philadelphia as the nation’s Top Beer-drinking City and Pennsylvania as the nation’s third best … Continue reading
Stan’s got it right. This is embarrassing. And sadly predictable.