- Worthwhile questions or grumpy old bastard? I Facebook, you decide. (2)
- Whatever happened to that beer I liked last time I was here? (2)
- larry bennett: I am smack in the middle of the boomer generation. We got fresh, ever-evolving,...
- Originally published 20 January 2001 May 22, 2016, 6:33 pmIt helps to be reminded now and then how bad some of our national choices have been, even if it …Continue reading →
- That story I wrote about comic books over 40 years ago… May 21, 2016, 9:14 pmI am really enjoying finding stories and articles that I wrote in my callow youth which I had forgotten I’d …Continue reading →
- Originally published 20 January 2001 May 22, 2016, 6:33 pm
Tag Archives: Gimmicks
This one, I guess, gets filed with a Be Careful What You Wish For label. I am not a fan of gimmick beers, the “Three Stooges” or “Billy Beer” sort of silliness which has nothing whatsoever to do with beer … Continue reading
My pal Joe Sixpack’s column in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is all about packaging beers in big bottles and some of the unique ways it’s done. One he missed is coming from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, an organization of … Continue reading
Given this, the only place left for Dogfish Head to go is back to the Garden of Eden.
Some of you faithful readers might– a) because it was that mean Stan Hieronymus who got me into the mess or b) because it hints at what are, for the most part, never before revealed secrets from your favorite beer … Continue reading
If you care about such silliness, the last local beer standing in the annual Washington Post Beer Madness competition is Troegs Hopback Amber, up against Stone Pale Ale in the semi-final round, the latter having knocked Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA … Continue reading
Although I know it’s the thing to do for some beer writers to use their dogs to try and humanize themselves and become loveable, but I would never go that route. Too crass and obvious, y’know? I express my humanity … Continue reading
A week or so ago, I walked outside my front door and found a large, somewhat heavy package awaiting me. This is what was inside: And this is what was inside that: Complete with these instructions: I was going to … Continue reading