TIP THE BARTENDER
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- John Doherty: Jack The “Epic Beer Festival” you list on beeryard.com has been...
- Manayunk Brewing to expand after 17 years. (2)
- Schmidt’s, Scheidt’s & Prior Double Dark – another voice heard from. (17)
- Christo Clow: I remember having a pint of Prior Double Dark at a pub in Manhattan in the aumtumn...
- Who said this? (2)
- Bill: I’d be interested to know the average ABV of the offerings of the person quoted....
- ABOUT THIS SITE (5)
- Push Pin Wisdom – 10 Dec 2013 December 10, 2013, 2:15 pm“To booze: the cause and solution to all of life’s little problems” Homer J. Simpson [This daily series celebrates observations I find insightful, amusing or painfully pertinent. The daily content may reflect quotes or cartoons from years past which I … Continue reading →
- Push Pin Wisdom – 10 Dec 2013 December 10, 2013, 2:15 pm
Tag Archives: Gimmicks
This one, I guess, gets filed with a Be Careful What You Wish For label. I am not a fan of gimmick beers, the “Three Stooges” or “Billy Beer” sort of silliness which has nothing whatsoever to do with beer … Continue reading
My pal Joe Sixpack’s column in today’s Philadelphia Daily News is all about packaging beers in big bottles and some of the unique ways it’s done. One he missed is coming from Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant, an organization of … Continue reading
Given this, the only place left for Dogfish Head to go is back to the Garden of Eden.
Some of you faithful readers might– a) because it was that mean Stan Hieronymus who got me into the mess or b) because it hints at what are, for the most part, never before revealed secrets from your favorite beer … Continue reading
If you care about such silliness, the last local beer standing in the annual Washington Post Beer Madness competition is Troegs Hopback Amber, up against Stone Pale Ale in the semi-final round, the latter having knocked Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA … Continue reading
Although I know it’s the thing to do for some beer writers to use their dogs to try and humanize themselves and become loveable, but I would never go that route. Too crass and obvious, y’know? I express my humanity … Continue reading
A week or so ago, I walked outside my front door and found a large, somewhat heavy package awaiting me. This is what was inside: And this is what was inside that: Complete with these instructions: I was going to … Continue reading